Robotic Surgery for Cancer Patients
For women needing gynecologic cancer surgery, Dr. Mark Genesen says robotic surgery empowers women to get past the physical aspects of recovery more quickly and return to their normal selves physically, mentally and spiritually.
Surgeons at Loma Linda do more robotic surgeries each year than any other teaching hospital west of the Mississippi. Our surgical oncologists specialize in caring for the whole person, not just a cancer diagnosis. Robotic surgery empowers people to get past the physical aspects of their cancer. It allows patients to recovery more quickly and return to their normal selves physically, mentally and spiritually.
Patients have better outcomes because they have a:
- Faster recovery
- Shorter hospital stay
- Quicker return to daily activities
- Less pain
- Smaller scars
- Less blood loss
- Lower risk of unwanted side effects
Our surgeons perform the following oncology procedures via robotic surgery:
- Robotic prostate cancer surgery
- Kidney cancer surgery and kidney donor surgery
- Partial nephrectomy for removal of kidney tumors
- Bladder cancer surgery
Dr. Mazdak Momeni is passionate about the value of robotic surgery for gynecologic cancer because it provides better outcomes and hope for healing, and improves the quality of life so patients get back to feeling whole once again.
- Robotic hysterectomy for treating ovarian and uterine cancers
- Removal of the rectum usually due to rectal cancer (Lower anterior resection)
- Removal of the large intestine usually due to cancer (Colectomy)
- removal of all or part of the stomach usually due to cancer (Gastrectomy)
Become a Patient
Call us to make an appointment with one of our qualified physicians.